hiking, tennis, latin dancing

Chat and share ideas and news with other members of your community here.

Moderators: makahava, Moderator

hiking, tennis, latin dancing

Postby nizwer » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:40 am

I wonder how many people ever stop by and visit these forums. Maybe a MakahaValleyPlantation facebook account will revive some interest in community activity.

Hiking: ever wondered what it is like hiking up some of the ridges around Makaha and Waianae? Assuming you are fit for that kind of strenuous activity the Hawaii Trails and Mountain Club organizes an 8 mile Waianae Ramble Oct 11 Sun 8:30AM. They have another tough one on November 1st too for members only where you get up to the ridge behind the towers.

Tennis : some of us get together and play tennis on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings at 9am at the Waianae Harbor. The level of tennis is NTRP 3.0 to 4.0 and you don't need to call for an appointment, just show up. If you are shy contact me and will introduce you to the tennis nuts around here.

Latin dancing: Tacos and More restaurant (Waianae) has a latin dance night (Salsa) on Tuesdays 8:30pm to midnight. There is no cover charge. If you do not know how to dance I can teach you some beginner steps, no big deal. More activities such as this can be planned if we have a good crowd going.
Nizwer
808-695-5662
nizwer

Return to News and General Interest