Tenants

Got a question for MVP Office? An issue that needs to be addressed? Or a suggestion you wish to share?
Post it here.

Moderators: makahava, Moderator

Tenants

Postby Vegeta » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:58 pm

How many tenants are allowed to live in MVP? Ive seen families of 7 members, 4 adults and 3 kids. I could see them everyday since I live just right across so I dont think they are just visitors.
Vegeta

Response to Tenants question

Postby makahava » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:02 am

According to MVP's House Rules section C article 1d states (C1d)

"The number of persons residing in an apartment is no more than five(5) persons living in a 2-bedroom apartment or seven(7) persons living in a 3-bedroom apartment provided however, the Board may allow exceptions to the above-referenced restrictions in order to comply with the Federal and State Fair Housing Acts."

Hmmm :? Assuming the amount of persons listed in the above House Rule are adults, it would then depend if this is a 2 or 3 bedroom unit.

The Federal and State Fair Housing Acts protects against discrimination. As far as amount of persons in a dwelling due to economic hardship? :( would that be a sort of discrimination? I'm not sure.

I will need more information in order to determine if these people are even on the rental agreement. Are adult children living with parents. etc...
Please call or email me "Jolynn" and I will be sure to look into this matter with discretion. #695-9566 or email mvpadmin001@hawaii.rr.com :)
MVP Office
makahava
Site Admin

Return to Ask the Office